Friday, July 3, 2009

Response to Dam Funk



If you search youtube to find new Italo or Boogie joints, you may have seen some of Druckman's posts before. He's got some of the better clips out there and still produces today. In fact, I was talking to Druckman about a year ago about repressing his track Tickle - "Good Love, Bad Love" which was supposively an only 100 pressed private joint from the 80's, but after listening closely and seeing all the suspicious feedback, my conclusion came to be that he is not telling the truth. His track is definitely not from the eighties but a hoax to gain recognition. Doesn't mean the song is bad(it's okay), it's just that the story had holes in it and I know better than to do business with dishonest people.



Anyways, it smells like he's back to his tricks again. This track was posted in response to the Dam Funk video below by Druckman. At least he's admitting that it's from 2009, but I still smell Druckman under the moniker Reggie Blount. There was a Margaret Blount and David Blount that did work for Weeks and Co. and The Jammers, and I'm thinking the name is borrowed? I dunno. But I must admit, I do like the song. It's combines a lot of elements I like right now - Boogie, Disco, Italo, House...I've never been one to put politics above musical talent and I would actually be happy to have a vinyl copy of this in my bag. I mean, for real, who else do you know has the balls to post up a track in response Dam Funk right now?

1 comment: